вторник, 4 октября 2011 г.

aladdin by mohawk carpet::Karastan was acquired by mohawk in 1993 aladdin by mohawk carpet

aladdin by mohawk carpet

aladdin by mohawk carpet

aladdin by mohawk carpet

aladdin by mohawk carpet::Karastan was acquired by mohawk in 1993.
I was not aware of this when i purchased my rug.
My grandmother purchased karastan area rugs in 1948 and these rugs were still in use in my brothers house in 2010.
I felt i was purchasing the same quality when i bought my rugs.
Our rug was down on our living room floor for only eight months when we noticed tufts of wool coming out of the rug.
At first i thought this was because the rug was new and shedding loose wool.
The living room is never used and vacuumed on a regular basis.
At the nine month mark we had a an area of aprox.
Ten inches where the wool had come out completely.
If you looked on the back side of the rug you could see that the wool was gone.
I knew when i purchased my rug it had a lifetime warranty.
When i spoke to mohawk i was told that warranty was with the retailer and not with mohawk.
At no time during my purchase was i advised of this.
Who gives a warranty through a retailer?
It makes no sense.
I can understand that a carpet installer could be held responsible for a poor installation job but i had no installation.
The rug was shipped to our home and we put it down.
Why then would the retailer be responsible in any way for a product they did not manufacture?
If i were to purchase a refrigerator from sears and it failed i surely would not expect sears to be responsible.
It makes no sense at all.
To me this means mohawk can manufacture any quality product they choose and sell it as a high end, quality product with on responsibility at all.
I went through all the same nonsense mentioned by others.
It took months to reach a resolution because the retailer we purchased from went out of business.
I believe this was the only reason mohawk replaced our rug.
Any flooring store can be gone overnight leaving you a very bad position.
Best to never do business with any carpet name that is owned by mohawk.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий